Phased Reopening Plan
We’ve Missed You!
In these past weeks, we have witnessed an unprecedented change in life as we know it. We have seen our church, community, state and world endure a time of disruption and isolation. We have been separated from our families, co-workers, neighbors, friends and church family. We long for things we once took for granted – a hug, a cup of coffee with a friend, a Sunday at church.
While COVID-19 has changed many things, it hasn’t changed this: we are still a body of believers committed to the mission of encouraging people to enjoy the fullness of knowing, loving and becoming like Jesus.
While we long to worship together, we want to be wise about how we gather as a body. We have prayerfully put together a three-phase plan for our Reunion. Every effort is being made to ensure that the phases align with government guidelines and CDC recommendations. We will be together again soon, and it will be better than ever!
Current Phase – Program Reopening
SUNDAYS at 9:30 and 11 a.m. in the Sanctuary
• Welcome back! We can’t wait to gather for worship as a church family! Seating is spaced out for social distancing. Ushers can help you find a seat when you come in.
• You look great in that mask! Masks are required for everyone in attendance, kindergarten and up. Please bring your own if you have one, but masks will be available if you do not.
• Continue to limit physical touch. As much as you might want to high-five, hug, or give a handshake to someone, please give them a big wave instead.
• A “touchless” experience. No coffee or refreshments will be offered, and we won’t pass out bulletins. You’ll be able to give online, or offering boxes will be available in the lobby. An electronic bulletin is available.
• We’ll thoroughly sanitize touch points, seats and bathrooms before and after services. Thanks for quickly exiting the Sanctuary following worship so our Facilities team can start cleaning.
• Eastminster Kids is now open! Learn more at eastminster.org/kids.
• Grow Groups are back! Find an on-campus group or create the community that’s right for you at eastminster.org/groups.
• Students too! High school and middle school youth group has returned! Learn more at eastminster.org/students.
• Please stay home and join us at eastminster.org/churchonline if you aren’t feeling well, have health concerns, or just don’t feel comfortable meeting with others yet. You’re part of the Eastminster family no matter where you choose to attend!
What to Expect
What are the services like?
Each of our services are slightly different, but they all include music, prayer, and teaching. At the Sunday 9:30 a.m. service, you’ll experience liturgy (prayers and Scripture we read out loud together), organ-led music, and hymns (“traditional” songs of the church). Our Sunday 11 a.m. services are more “contemporary,” with music led by a band, rather than an organ or choir. And online you can choose between traditional and contemporary styles.
What should I wear?
Folks at our Sunday 9:30 a.m. services tend to dress a bit more formally, and our pastors wear robes at those times. But you’ll see a mix of all clothing styles at every service, from work-wear to weekend-wear. So please feel welcome to dress comfortably—whatever that means for you.
How long do services last?
During this season of health concerns, our services will run under an hour to allow spaces to be cleaned between gatherings.
What about my kids?
Your little ones will love Sundays at Eastminster! Fun, energetic and Christ centered programming for birth – fifth grade, as well as middle and high school students, is now available during our on-campus Sunday experiences. Click to learn more about kids programming and students programming.
1958 N Webb Road
Wichita, KS 67206
1958 N Webb Road
Wichita, KS 67206