Phased Reopening Plan
We’ve Missed You!
In these past weeks, we have witnessed an unprecedented change in life as we know it. We have seen our church, community, state and world endure a time of disruption and isolation. We have been separated from our families, co-workers, neighbors, friends and church family. We long for things we once took for granted – a hug, a cup of coffee with a friend, a Sunday at church.
While COVID-19 has changed many things, it hasn’t changed this: we are still a body of believers committed to the mission of encouraging people to enjoy the fullness of knowing, loving and becoming like Jesus.
While we long to worship together, we want to be wise about how we gather as a body. We have prayerfully put together a three-phase plan for our Reunion. Every effort is being made to ensure that the phases align with government guidelines and CDC recommendations. We will be together again soon, and it will be better than ever!
Phase 2 – Sunday Reopening
SUNDAYS at 9:30 and 11 a.m. in the Sanctuary
• Welcome back! We can’t wait to gather for worship as a church family! Seating is spaced out for social distancing. Ushers can help you find a seat when you come in.
• You look great in that mask! Masks are required for everyone in attendance. Please bring your own if you have one, but masks will be available if you do not.
• Continue to limit physical touch. As much as you might want to high-five, hug, or give a handshake to someone, please give them a big wave instead.
• A “touchless” experience. No coffee or refreshments will be offered, and we won’t pass out bulletins. You’ll be able to give online, or offering boxes will be available in the lobby. An electronic bulletin is available.
• We’ll thoroughly sanitize touch points, seats and bathrooms before and after services. Thanks for quickly exiting the Sanctuary following worship so our Facilities team can start cleaning.
• Eastminster Kids is not be open at this time, but children are welcome to attend worship with you and activity packs will be available. We also encourage you to continue leading your kids at home using the resources at eastminster.org/churchonline.
• Please stay home and join us at eastminster.org/churchonline if you aren’t feeling well, have health concerns, or just don’t feel comfortable meeting with others yet. You’re part of the Eastminster family no matter where you choose to attend!
Watch for more details on Phase 3 (tentatively planned to begin September 13) coming soon!
What to Expect
What are the services like?
Each of our services are slightly different, but they all include music, prayer, and teaching. At the Sunday 9:30 a.m. service, you’ll experience liturgy (prayers and Scripture we read out loud together), organ-led music, and hymns (“traditional” songs of the church). Our Sunday 11 a.m. services are more “contemporary,” with music led by a band, rather than an organ or choir. And online you can choose between traditional and contemporary styles.
What should I wear?
Folks at our Sunday 9:30 a.m. services tend to dress a bit more formally, and our pastors wear robes at those times. But you’ll see a mix of all clothing styles at every service, from work-wear to weekend-wear. So please feel welcome to dress comfortably—whatever that means for you.
How long do services last?
During this season of health concerns, our services will run under an hour to allow spaces to be cleaned between gatherings.
What about my kids?
At Eastminster, kids matter! While our kids programming is not meeting in person right now, we still want to make sure you have the resources to lead your family in knowing, loving and becoming like Jesus. Check out the resources at Church Online and on the Kids page each week for more. During in-person services, children are welcome to attend and activity packs are available to keep little ones engaged.
Phase 3 – Program Reopening
Tentatively Planned for September 13
Sundays at 9:30 and 11 a.m. in the Sanctuary
• Welcome back! We can’t wait to gather for worship as a church family!
• Church Online will continue to be offered at eastminster.org/churchonline.
• Eastminster Kids will open on Sundays for birth through fifth grade.
• Grow Groups will begin to meet and Student programming will resume. Social distancing will still apply, so rooms and meeting spaces may be configured differently.
All plans are tentative. Please watch for further details in the coming weeks.
1958 N Webb Road
Wichita, KS 67206
1958 N Webb Road
Wichita, KS 67206